BLOGGER TEMPLATES Funny Pictures

Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Potty Training Continues

Ethan is doing so well with potty training. It's been 8 days since we started and by day 4 he wasn't having any accidents. He was even telling us that he had to potty. So he went Monday & Tuesday all day without having a single accident. He did have a couple accidents yesterday one was just b/c I couldn't get him to sit on the potty long enough in the morning to finish peeing & the other accident happened while we were having lunch with daddy. Ethan stood up & told us "potty" and pointed to himself so I walked quickly from the cafeteria to the bathroom but unfortunately it took us too long but Ethan was making the attempt & that's what counts. Today I took him to Target & bought him big boy underwear. He was very excited over that. Every morning he asks me for his "unerwear" he insists that he get to wear his underwear. For the most part he is completely day trained, about 90%. He just needs to feel comfortable pooping on the potty. He waits until nap time when I put him in a diaper (he is not sleep trained just yet) to do his business. I keep telling him if he poops on the potty not only will mommy and daddy be so proud but we will give him 4 cookies. He only gets 1 cookie for peeing on the potty. He'll get there, I hope sooner rather than later. Since he is only wearing diapers when he is sleeping I have decided it's time to do away with the changing table, so I will be converting it to a dresser today. This means we are going to move his frogs into his room. He loves his frogs he likes to help feed them.  They will look good in his room. We are yet to get his room painted hopefully we will be able to get that done soon.

Yesterday Ethan learned he has got to hang onto Moose. I took him to have lunch with daddy & since we were running late I gave him a piggy back into the hospital & up to daddy's dept. As we were walking out Ethan screamed "Moose". I told him "You didn't bring Moose where do you see Moose?" I look to where he is pointing & there sitting on the information desk is Moose. Someone found him in the parking lot & was going to throw him away but saw how tattered he was & thought he probably belonged to a kid so they turned him in at the desk. The person sitting at the desk thought Moose looked familiar so she set him out hoping his owner would see him and his owner did. I didn't even know that Ethan had brought Moose with him. I went out the back door before Ethan did & opened the car up for him to get in & realized that I had left my IPod & Phone in the house so I told Ethan to go get in the car as I ran back in quickly for my things. When I came back out he was sitting in his seat so I buckled him in & off we went. He must have set Moose on the seat beside him so I didn't see him. Then when I got him out of the car I had my back turned so he could climb aboard so I wouldn't have seen him grab him. I learned my lesson too, always check & see that he has Moose with him. Boy would that have been a mess when I got home & tried to put him to bed. Ethan won't go down to sleep w/o his best friend. I would have had a screaming toddler on my hands to try to calm down. Whew I am so glad that Moose was found!!

0 comments: