BLOGGER TEMPLATES Funny Pictures

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Random Ethan Chat #2

 So what do you think of the new look to Ethan's blog? I had to stay with Curious George of course but I wanted to give his blog a more grown up look since he is growing up so quickly.

Ethan has had a busy few days this week. Friday he went out with us to pick up some supplies to deflea the poor cats, then he helped us grocery shop. While we were at the pet store Friday we picked out a few cheap fish for his little tank in his play room. It's been standing empty for the last few months since all his fish died. So yesterday he helped us give the cats flea baths (the cats were oh so excited to be getting a bath) then he went out with us for a few hours since we set off bug bombs in the house. We went & got his & my hair cut then hung out at Papa Paul's then had to run back to the pet store to exchange his shark which died Friday night sometime between midnight & 3am. They wouldn't exchange the fish b/c we didn't give them a separate water sample (I had the water in a bag with the dead shark). So we ran home had dinner then back to the store where we got a new shark for him. Today he has been busy playing. He watched a little football with us then it was down for a nap at 2. He is still sleeping now (but he didn't quiet down until about a 45 mins ago LOL).

Cute story, Friday after breakfast I took Ethan to the basement so that I could get my work out going. I get done on the treadmill& told him that I was going to get a shower then we were going to clean his toys so we could run a few errands. So I get out of the shower about 15 mins later only to find that Ethan decided to feed the fish. He put 1/4 of the food container in the Beta tank (1.5 gal tank) & dumped the rest on the floor. So I had to essentially just empty the beta tank & stir up the food so the filter will pick it up. Then I cleaned the big tank b/c might as well get them both done right? When I was done with that I had to vacuum the floor since there was food all over (I did manage to salvage some of the food) then I had to mop the floor since I accidentally spilled nasty dirty water on it when I was cleaning the little tank. Plus it was a good way to get the food up off the tile. Oh what a mess it was. Ethan on the other hand was proud of himself. Apparently he thought he was helping take care of the fish. Needless to say I did not get our errands done by the time Matt got home.

Another cute Ethan story. Thurs Ethan made a big mess of his books in his room. I am trying to teach Ethan it's OK to make a mess but when it's time to clean up he needs to help. So I ask him to help me pick up his books & told him if he didn't help & I ended up doing it by myself that he was going to spend a little time alone in his room before breakfast. Needless to say Ethan did not help. SO I got the books picked up & told him he can come out when he is ready to help. I gave him 5 or 10 mins then asked him for an apology for not helping. He waited of course until I was ready to make him stay in his room a little longer to apologize. So we go down to the kitchen & I asked him to take his books that were in the dining room & please put them in the corner with his toy box while I make his breakfast. He picked up his books & put them on the dining room table. So I told him that they needed to go with his toy box & once he did that he can have his breakfast. So he took the books & tossed them over the gate. Again I said they have to go over by the toy box (I'm starting to feel like a broken record at this point). So he put his books on Matt's chair, and yet once more I reiterate where they need to go so he FINALLY put them in the corner with his toy box. As frustrating as that was it was also very cute b/c he thought he was going to get away with it.

Another cute thing that Ethan is into doing is when he grabs something that he is not supposed to have & we ask him to please give it to us. He will hide it behind his back & tell us "All gone" like we can't see it behind his back. I love how he thinks he is fooling us with that. When he wants ice cream he will ask us for "Creams" which is just adorable, and his newest word of the month is "Ipod" He now asks to watch George on Matt's Ipod Touch. He seems to like watching George on that little screen more than he does on the t.v.


Here are a few picture of Ethan & his new haricut (just for the record I did not approve of it that was his daddy's doing)

At the NICU reunion
Walking the bridge

C"mon dad!

Swinging

This is cool

Playing over at Grandpa Franks
There's an Ethan in there

Being pulled by Grandpa

It's like rowing a boat


 Ethan's haircut

Not to thrilled

Happy just to have a sucker









0 comments: