BLOGGER TEMPLATES Funny Pictures

Saturday, May 14, 2011

A lesson learned about death

So yesterday the inevitable finally happened to Ethan's lone betta, he died. The poor thing has been sick for a while but I could never figure out what was wrong with it. About a week ago I noticed it wasn't hardly coming to the surface for food and a few days ago I noticed that most of it's tail has disintegrated. So I knew it was eventually going to die and that happened yesterday. So Ethan saw me trying to get the betta out of the tank and asked "What happen to my fishy?" I explained that he has been sick and just couldn't fight it so unfortunately he died. Ethan watched curiously as I got the fish out then tells me "Oh, that happens. Fishy died" and then runs off to go catch up to his daddy to play outside. I thought it was so cute. It's amazing how he just accepted the answer and went off to do his own thing with daddy. I am purdy glad I didn't have to explain what death means. I know that day is coming but for now I'm happy I didn't have to try to explain it to him b/c he is not the best at paying attention to when things get explained to him yet LOL.

Ethan has been having a blast playing outside the last few days. Yesterday I plunked him in some swim shorts and let him run around outside like that. He's discovered bugs and is obsessed with them. There are bumblebees that hover around the corner of our garage right by the carport and he is freaked by them. That is where he sets up his little basket ball hoop and likes to play basketball. Now he won't go near that area b/c he doesn't want the bees to play with him. We have been trying to find the hive but we can't seem to find it. I just try to tell him that if he leaves the bees alone they will leave him alone. He is intrigued by ants. He likes to get down on the ground and watch them and he doesn't like it when Matt sprays them with bug spray. I had a couple that were on my toes yesterday and he went ballistic about it. I tried to tell him they aren't going to hurt me but he freaks out about them anyways. So I have been finding it hard to get him to go play b/c he is freaked by the bugs. He doesn't want them to play with him. It's funny, cute, and a little annoying at the same time. I hope he gets over it soon b/c bugs are part of nature and being outside.

I have started a blog for Ethan's little brother/sister so people can follow the baby through the pregnancy. I wish I had done that from the beginning with Ethan but I honestly never thought about doing a blog until it was reccommended to us while he was in the NICU to help us be able to keep people updated on how he was doing. It kept us from having to make a ton of phone calls a day. So if you want to follow the baby's blog you can do so at the following link:
www.ourlilturkey.blogspot.com
It will only be updated at times when I have been to see the OB and then once the baby is here of course.

Ethan's b-day is coming up soon! I can't believe he is going to be 3 already. He is getting to be such a big boy. We are not going to have much of a party this year. We are just going to do something small with grandparents and aunts/uncles, and Ethan's one friend Killian. Ethan is into Spiderman and loves basketball. So I think his cake will be Spiderman. I asked him yesterday if there was anything special he wanted for his birthday and he told me "Cakes with Spiderman" LOL I figured that is what he would say. He is such a little ham.

0 comments: