BLOGGER TEMPLATES Funny Pictures

Friday, February 8, 2013

Rough Month

Poor Ethan has had a rough few weeks! A couple weeks ago he was all excited about the "P" party they were going to be having at the school that is his school's pen pals. He had been talking about which pajammas he was going to wear (it was a pajamma party). Then he woke up around 5 in the morning saying that his head was hurting and he was running a fever. He was given some Tylenol and put back to bed. I let him sleep in as late as possible and checked his temp. It was normal. I checked 3 times. He woke up wanting to go to the party so bad. I let him go against my better judgement. I figured since the fever was gone and all he was complaining about was a headache he'd be OK but I was expecting a call from the school, I never got that call. When I picked him up and got him in the car he was saying that his head hurt but he had a good time at the party other than not getting a chance to hit the piƱata. I picked up some Sprite on the way home and checked his temp again, normal. Not even 15 minutes after getting home he was sick to his stomach. That lasted 12 hrs then the next day he was just a lump on the couch. I let him lay in the toy room watching Netflix (Finlay couldn't get in there to bug him) all day. By the next day he was acting like himself. Later that night he was complaining that his ear hurt but said nothing more that Saturday. But Sunday the fever was back and his ears were bugging him so Matt took him to Urgent Care and he had an ear infection. He was put on antibiotics for 10 days. He finished that last Tuesday. Then this Weds while having lunch with Matt he was practically crying that his ear was really bothering him. We took him down to audiology and they took a peek and his right ear was angry red. So called his Dr and they were able to get him in right away. I was told that the previous antibiotic helped but wasn't strong enough to completely clear it up so he was put on something stronger for another 10 days. He hasn't been complaining the last few days and he is acting like his normal self so hopefully this round will knock it out.

He's loving school. Getting him out of bed in the morning to get around is a chore but once I got him dressed he is looking forward to getting to school. He told me that today they were putting acorns on a scale to see how much they weighed. Monday they will be doing paper airplanes and measuring how far they go when thrown. That was supposed to be done today but I guess they didn't get to it. From the conversations I have with his teacher when I pick him up he's doing very well and is ahead in class. He's a smart one!

Ethan has been a awesome big brother. He has been helping Fin learn to walk (see Fin's blog) and he has so much fun playing with his little brother. He is always asking me when I pick him up from school  if Finlay missed him while he was gone. When I drop him off he always has to give Finlay hugs and kisses and before I can buckle him into the car the first thing he does is hug and kiss Finlay and tell him that he missed him. It's just so cute and I love it! At home they have fun having lunch together and after lunch playing with the cars. It's fun to just sit and watch them play sometimes.

0 comments: