BLOGGER TEMPLATES Funny Pictures

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Potty training, baby proofing, organizing! OH MY!!


I think that title says it all. The potty training is proving to be quite the challenge with Ethan. He loves to sit on his potty. He will even let us know when he is wet. He just won't go on the potty. We have been putting him on the potty every couple of hours. We even tried cloth training pant to help him feel wet. Yea he really didn't care. He's too busy to worry about whether his pants are wet. When he is asked if he needs to go to the potty he will run straight for the stairs & head straight up to the bathroom. If his little seat isn't on the potty he will try to put it on himself. He likes to sit there & look through his little books. It is pretty cute. It is just going to take time & a lot of patience to get him trained.

Baby proofing has been an issue since he was able to crawl. I swear this kid can get through any kind of baby proofing. We had locks on the drawers in the kitchen & he somehow managed to break some of them. So we went out & bought a different style of lock. The directions on the package said "Installed in 5 easy steps! No Drilling!" The package lied. The stinkin' adhesive gave way almost immediatly. I ended up getting the drill out & putting them in that way. The locks are magnetic so the drill & ended up doing it by hand. What was supposed to take a half hour took me 3.5 hours!! I think my stubborness got the best of me this time. I refused to give up. Of course when I finished I was so proud. I had gotten the locks on all by myself. I went through each drawer putting the magnetic key to the locks to release them just to make sure they all worked. Go figure the very last drawer had to be the one that falls off. *Sigh* it had to be re screwed back on. Then yesterday Ethan got through the lock on the bottom drawer. Somehow the adhesive settled & even though I had the lock screwed in it shifted & we had to re-do the lock moving it up a bit. Now all the locks are working & Ethan hasn't gotten past them anymore. On top of putting new locks in place I have been working on putting the computer chords, printer paper, printer cartridges, & Ipod things into a Sterilite container with baby locks on it to keep Ethan out of that stuff. We are running out of shelves to put that stuff on. So I have been busy organizing to get things out of his reach. Him getting taller is not a good thing, it's making it harder to put things away from him. LOL.

Last but not least Ethan managed to get out of his crib. On Weds I was getting up heading to the bathroom when all of a sudden he started screaming at the top of his lungs so I raced in his room only to have him come running towards me. Yea my little genius didn't climb over the railing he climbed over the end of the crib. So instead of us constantly worrying about the possibility of him getting hurt we have gotten him a twin bed. We ordered it from Bedroom Expressions. It should be here in 2 weeks. We would rather him fall out of a bed that sits low to the ground than fall out of his crib & get hurt or him getting hurt trying to get out. So I went out yesterday & bought him a few twin sheet sets. I will have them washed so they will be ready for when his bed comes. We are also going to put mesh bed rails on to help him feel more secure. This is a big step for Ethan. He's getting to be a big boy now.

0 comments: