BLOGGER TEMPLATES Funny Pictures

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ethan's first movie

We took Ethan on Saturday to see Cars 2 in the theaters. It was his very first trip to the movies. He did better than I thought he would but not as good as I would have liked him to be.

The movie was at 11 in the morning so that we wouldn't have to deal with large crowds and that way if he was a little restless or loud he wouldn't bother too many people. We sat in the very top row right by the stairs so that he would have more room to move. I wanted him to have a great time to I bought him a small drink and we shared a medium popcorn. We had him use the potty before we left the house but we also had him use the potty before the movie. He loved the popcorn. He pottied during the previews and yet again right at the beginning of the movie. Then he wanted to use the potty every 20 minutes so he didn't see much of the movie. Matt and I took turns taking him. Every time I took him he didn't use the potty he just wanted to run in the hall or play in the bathroom. However he did potty every time for Matt (go figure). He did get restless which I was totally anticipating him to do (hence why we sat in the back and by the stairs). He had room to walk the row or stand on the stairs by our row. Unfortunately he didn't want to do that, not my child, my child kept trying to climb the wall and then screamed when we wouldn't let him. He wanted to be Spiderman I guess. We kept bribing him with more popcorn (parents of the year LOL). He also wanted to slam the seat next to me up and down which of course shakes the whole row. There were a few people sitting in our row but they were at the other end. Either way I was afraid that it would bother them so I made him stop. Then he wanted to sit on the stairs which we were like whatever about but he was not happy that we wouldn't let him go halfway down the stairs and sit. Oh well. He still did better than I thought he would. He laughed at Tow Mater, he loves Tow Mater.

As far as the movie went I personally did not feel it was as cute as the first one. This one had a lot of political innuendos that were just going to go right over a child's head really. I felt that they really could have left the political crap out. I also just don't feel like the story like was easy to follow either. Some if it just didn't make sense.

Next month there is a new Whinnie the Pooh movie coming out (July 15 same day as Harry Potter) and I have already told Ethan that I will take him if he wants to see it. He has been talking about it pretty much non-stop that he wants to go see Pooh Bear. I am hoping that the theaters still does $6 Tuesdays b/c I couldn't believe how freaking much it cost the 3 of us just to see Cars 2. It was $7 for Ethan's ticket (keep in mind the show started before noon!) our tickets were $7.25 a piece so that was $21.50 for the tickets. Then we got 1 small lemonaded for Ethan, 2 Med pops for us, and a med popcorn. Total cost for that was $19. So for a family of 3 $40 to go to the movies. Next time I will sneak food in with us when I take him to see Pooh Bear. I just have to make sure that he doesn't see me put it in my purse or he will be screaming for his snacks LOL.

In Dec there is a third Chipmunks coming out and I think Ethan will love that too. I think that he will be better behaved each time we take him to see a movie.

0 comments: