BLOGGER TEMPLATES Funny Pictures

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bike Ride

Oh how Ethan loves his bike rides. This afternoon I took him out for a 6.5 mile bike ride. We went all over. We started with the bike trail then went up & down a bunch of side streets. By the time we got back my legs were worn out! Not to mention I was sweating up a storm even though it was only 72 outside. We pulled into the driveway & boy did he get mad when I tried to get him out of his trailer. He was not happy that his ride was over. It took me an hour to make that 6.5 mile trip. I kept explaining to him that MomMom's legs were tired & needed a little break. Fortunately right as we got back Dada got home from work so he managed to help distract Ethan from the fact that his bike ride was over. As soon as I got in the house I had to crash for a moment on the couch. LOL I couldn't feel my legs.

Later this evening, after dinner, the 3 of us took a walk for some malts & to just enjoy a little outing together. Ethan loves his malts. We walked for about 45min to an hour before getting home. Then Ethan had a blast scooting around the yard on his trike. He still hasn't figured out how to pedal. I tried to show him how to do it for like the millionth time yesterday by holding his ankles & then pushing the pedals that way. But he likes to scoot his trike with his feet. LOL it's so cute. He was not a happy camper when it came time for bed. It meant that he had to stop playing for the day. I think that it still being light outside at his bedtime is throwing him off. It's like this old poem from this children's poetry book from my childhood:

In winter I get up at night & dress by yellow candle light,
In summer it's quite the other way to have to go to bed by day,
I have to go to bed & see the birds still hopping in the trees,
Or hear the grown up people's feet still passing by me in the street,
And does it not seem hard to you when all the sky is clear & blue,
That I would like so much to play,
To have to go to bed by day!

Last night Ethan's routine was really thrown off. Dada was called into work about 6:30 & he wasn't home to tell him good night! I started getting him ready for bed about 8:45. He brushed his teeth, had his diaper changed, we read from his book of Favorite Bedtime Stories, I sang him 3 or 4 little lullabies, & then he was insistent that I turn on his stars even though he won't be able to see them. The whole time we were going through this he asked for his Dada. He loves having Dada put him to bed. It kind of makes me sad that he doesn't want MomMom. One day he just decieded that Dada should put him to bed. If MomMom tries to help he pushes me away & tells me no :>( Oh well, I think it comes from the fact that I am home with him all day & he doesn't get to spend all day with his Dada so he wants his bedtime to be their time together. Maybe someday he will say "No, MomMom tuck me in" LOL, till then I guess I'll have to just be happy with out good night hugs & kisses.

0 comments: