BLOGGER TEMPLATES Funny Pictures

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Oh Ethan

Ethan, Ethan, Ethan, what am I going to do about you?! Ethan has gotten himself into some mischief this week. On Tuesday he decided that he was not going to accept the word no when it came to the chord to a small fan that I had up on our mantle. Several times I said no & took him away from it. But he managed to slip between my fingers & yanked the chord. The fan knocked over a photo frame which in turn knocked over a burning candle which hit the floor (fortunately extinguishing it) & spilling wax onto the carpet & getting onto his clothes. What a mess to clean up. We had no idea how to get it out we had to ask for help. Freezing his clothes did not aid in getting the wax off. A friend of mine told me to take a paper towel & place it over his clothes where the wax was & then iron the paper towel. The heat melts the wax & the paper towel absorbs the wax. It worked. It left a stain which I treated with Shout & it looks like that might get the stain out. Then this evening I was drinking lemonade. While I was talking to my mom on the phone Ethan managed to knock over my glass from the bar stool it was sitting on. The glass hit the floor fan & shattered. Here's the kicker, it was my Steelers mug that was a wedding present. I was not a happy camper about that. The mug was a set for us one was Steelers one was Browns. Tuesday night we rearranged the living room & the computer room. We put a chair in the computer room & them arranged the furniture in the living room to cover the chords. Everything that we can put up is up out of his reach. But there are a few things we are trying to work with him on to leave alone. The floor lamp is the major one. It's the only light we have in the livingroom. Welcome to toddlerhood Ethan is definitely no longer a baby. For the most part he's a good little boy. Even on the days where he has us wanting to pull our hair out as soon as he flashes us a smile or gives us a kiss it's all worth it. This morning I was hanging out in the living room with him playing with his ball (he tries to throw it to me) & watching a tv show I DVR each week. I sat on the chair after a while due to the floor making my rump hurt. Next thing I know Ethan starts to climb up into my lap & ends up snuggling & rocking with me for a whole 5 mins then he was done & wanted to play some more. It was still a very nice 5 mins. 


He is now all about walking. This afternoon I took him outside to play & he had me walking up & down the driveway. I think we walked the length about 5 times. He would walk me to the end then he would walk me back up to the edge of the house & back to the end. I was essentially following him. He got cranky after a while so he went down for a nap. He has figured out how to stand w/o assistance as well. He loves to show off that skill now too. He wants to walk everywhere. If we go up the stairs he wants to do it himself. He has mastered going up the stairs now he has to master going down the stairs. This evening just before dinner he was in the computer room with me. He was playing quietly at my feet then he managed to quietly sneak out & go up the stairs. I found him playing in his room with the door shut sitting in the middle of the floor with a stuffed animal talking away to it. I go to take him downstairs & he skitters in between my legs to the bathroom door just to shut it before we head down. He's really into shutting doors now. If there is a door open he has to go shut it. What are we going to do about this kid? He's a little stinker that's for sure.

0 comments: