BLOGGER TEMPLATES Funny Pictures

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Potty Training started

We have been working on potty training with Ethan for the last 3 days now. Obviously we haven't had any results but at least he is sitting on his potty. I have decided to put him on the potty after breakfast in the mornings b/c he usually messes his diaper then. I figure if we get him on the potty at a time when he does tend to stink his diaper then we'll have quicker success. Each time he just sits on his potty we praise him & clap for him. So this morning I got him up & he didn't have a stinky diaper which happens once or twice a week. I put a clean diaper on him & after breakfast took him to the potty. By that time he already stunk up his diaper. I still made him sit on his potty for 10 mins we watched Alf on the portable DVD player. Then he got a new diaper & we headed downstairs. Maybe 20 mins later he stunk up his diaper. I couldn't help but laugh. He waited till I took him off the potty to mess his diaper. What a little stinker! He thought he was cute. We'll put him on the potty again this evening when he gets ready for bed. Right now we are just doing 2 times a day as an introductory phase. Our original plan changed b/c he does have a poop schedule so we are trying to go by that. Typically when Ethan is successful at something he'll begin to do it more & more b/c we constantly praise him. He gets all kinds of hugs & kisses & clapped for. We know he knows it was good when he starts to clap for himself. I think we can get the same results with this as anything else. Potty training is going to take time & patience. I've got the time & the patience he should do well. He's already sitting on his potty longer than 5 secs w/o a complaint.


Yesterday Ethan went with me to an appt & afterwards i had to take him shoe shopping (for him). I put his sandals on & they are too small. So we went to Target for sandals. He currently wears a 4 in infant shoes. I had to get a 5  b/c they didn't carry 4's in sandals. So I bought him 2 pair of sandals & a pair of tennis shoes for the fall. I called him Big Foot. I can't believe how quickly his feet have grown! When we got home I took the tags off & had him walk around the house in them just to make sure that they won't cause him to trip or fall. He was not affected by their size at all. He'll be out of the size 4's by end of this summer I'm sure. He ended up taking one of his shoes off & wouldn't let me take the other one off so he walked around the house with one shoe on for a few hrs. He can be such a goof sometimes.

Ethan has 2 more teeth coming in. I don't know if I've mentioned it in a previous post or not. His molars are coming in, the ones right next to the incisors which have not come in yet. He's handled it pretty good. He was a little cranky over the weekend but not too bad. On Sunday a friend of mine came over for a visit. I haven't seen her in 5 yrs she moved to Tennessee when she got married 5 yrs ago & just recently moved back here to OH but is permanently moving to SD next month (Aug). I've known her for more than 20 yrs, since kindergarden. Ethan walked around the living room showing her the couch & the chair. It was cute. He kept trying to get into her purse too. He spent some time flirting until we made him go down for a nap. He had a good time. Hopefully we will be able to make a trip to SD to see her & her husband. At least we'd have a place to stay. It was a great time just sitting & talking letting her meet Ethan. 

0 comments: