BLOGGER TEMPLATES Funny Pictures

Sunday, August 16, 2009

What to do with Ethan...

Ethan has been into some mischief this weekend. First on Friday he & I went out first to Target to get some shelves for the dining room. The floor "S" shaped shelf that we have in the dining room needs to be put away for a while. Ethan loves to take the things from the bottom shelf so we moved them up out of his reach. Unfortunately he is getting to the point where he will be trying to climb the shelf soon so it's time for it to disappear. Next we went to the grocery store then we went home. I took everything off the "S" shelf & wrapped all the fragile's up that we are just going to put away for now. Those are mostly just decorative mugs & glasses. There are a few things that were going up to our bedroom onto a shelf that I have had since I was a little girl. It belonged to my great-aunt back in the late 40's early 50's. The things that went on that are some glass jewelery dishes. I had them set aside to take to our bedroom. While we were in the middle of getting the new shelves up & moving things to the bedroom, Ethan managed to get ahold of one of the bags that was going upstairs. He dropped it & 2 of my dishes broke. One of them was given to me when I was 10 by my grandfather. The other belonged to my grandmother. Pa (my grandfather) had given me the dish just after Vi (my grandmother) died. Both dishes were priceless to me. I got very upset (not at Ethan) & cried over my 2 dishes. I can't replace them. Vi passed around my 4th grade year & Pa passed my 6th grade. These things were really all I had of them. The dish that I was given when I was 10 shattered no chance of repair. The dish that belonged to Vi the lid broke in 2 the dish itself is fine. Fortunately my mom knows a few people who work with glass & thinks that they might be able to fix the lid. I sure hope so that dish is valuable in my heart.

Then yesterday my mom dropped off her Bissell Little Green so we could clean a few spots on the floor & the couch. Turned out it was ours to keep she bought us one. So I got the couch cleaned up & the spots on the floor taken care of. A few hours later Ethan spilled some pop on the floor. So out came the Little Green again & we got that taken care of. Thankfully we had no more instances yesterday. Then comes today. I was sitting on the couch drinking a cup of hawaiian punch. We were watching an old Paulie Shore movie & Ethan became fixated on the cup. I had it between my legs & was holding it with my hand. He came up to me not once, not twice, but three frigging times. On the 3rd time he yanked it hard enough to make the cup slip from my hand. Hawaiian punch spilled all over the couch. So out comes the Little Green again to clean the couch for the 2nd time. I think my mom just got her money's worth on that machine in just 2 days. There is still 3 hrs left before Ethan goes to bed who knows he might spill something else. Let's just hope that he is done spilling things at least for the weekend.

Earlier today we were taking pictures of Ethan running around with Matt's EMPTY beer bottle. We rinsed it out & let him play with it. We got a few pictures of him thinking he was drinking from it. I won't post those on here for obvious reasons. Just take my word they are cute.

Ethan w/Matt's I'm 30 button on


0 comments: