BLOGGER TEMPLATES Funny Pictures

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Test results back

Ethan's test results came back today from his 10 day challenge. They are down from 4.1 to 2.65. Big difference. There was some confusion on the amt of protein that he took in during this challenge Deb (the dietician) is recalculating it & will let us know. Matt has some concerns that the levels were lower b/c he was tested 5hrs post eating instead of 4hrs & b/c I had given Ethan speghetti w/meat sauce instead of plain meat. When I picked that meal out Matt thought it would be ok but apparently he was told that it doesn't have a lot of phe in it. Even so I don't think that those small things would really make that big of a difference b/c Ethan is still eating a lot more than he was when we had him last tested. We will talk to Deb tomorrow to get it all cleared up. In the mean time we have continued straight into the 30 day challenge. Ethan will be tested again on the 20th of this month. He is eating a full jar of meat with his meals & I am giving him a bit more formula as well. This should naturally increase his phe intake. Deb recommended that we add a milk based powder to his formula or his food to help increase his phe intake. I am not comfortable doing that b/c the last time he had dairy his face broke out in a rash. We want to talk to his ped first before deciding that. I would rather wait til I see her for his 1 yr check up to start him on milk. Matt wanted to talk to her I don't think he has gotten ahold of her yet. He will be 1 in a few weeks I would like to wait til then to start him on dairy.

I have been busy planning his 1st b-day party. It's going to be pooh bear themed. Not my first choice but it'll still be cute. I have some really cute decorations that I can put around the house & on the deck. He's going to have a great party.

0 comments: